This is a social commentary of life

What is this blog all about? It is an observation of life and human interaction. The things that most of us think about but don't really speak about. The aim of this blog is to be real and honest in the approach to the very real issues of life and a general observation of the way we all conduct ourselves around others.

Wednesday, 11 May 2011

It's all in the kiss

Out with a friend on a particular Thursday night socialising and so we decided to go out and dance, just one of those spare of the moment things I guess. As it's been a while since I've been out on a Thursday night; surveying what Sydney had to offer on a like like this, it was a real eye opener. We went out to this once a noteworthy club and it posed a very young crowd and boy did my friend and I really start to feel our age.
Well I could only speak for myself that I was feeling particularly old, I am not sure about my friend but that's besides the point. So we pay our entry fee and head up this winding set of stairs to get into the club, it was crowded and those who know me know how much I love to be squashed in crowded places and I had this wonderful experience when I was in Japan several weeks back. Now in Japan is what I call a 24/7 rave without the enjoyment of it. Packed trains packed everything and everywhere it was enough to do my head in and make me want to scream.
Now getting back on track, my friend and I were dancing and funnily enough we were observing this girl that was dancing in front us with her girlfriend. I know what you're thinking? That's nothing spectacular, there was also a guy waiting for an opportunity to hook up with this particular girl and the opportunity came when the girl's friend hooked up with a guy and moved away slightly giving this guy the opportunity to make his move a scheming wolf.
So this was his tactic, he finds his window of opportunity and moves in and makes " ultra smooth move" and starts to shake his hips and gets his groove on. I guess it would have been rude to have stared the whole time so the friend and I did our own thing and something about that girl caught my eyes again and this time I was glued a watching an accident, you want to look away but the presentation was way too alluring.
He WAS so brazen and went for the smooch and we could tell from her body reaction she was just not into him and both of us (the friend and I ) gave each other the look of what the heck just happened?
So she kisses him; then abruptly pulls away. We thought oh OK she didn't like it and he didn't do it for her. Fair enough, he wanted to be some Latin lover but looked more like a tosser trying too hard to be a crooner and it just wasn't working. They stayed there for a while dancing and honestly we could tell she wanted to be anywhere but there in his company. So the friend comes back with her hook up and the four of them leaves the club. Then a thought sprung into mind? Why would you leave a club with someone you hardly make eye contact with the whole time you were with him. Anyways that was that and no thought beyond that but found it strange. Feeling like an 70 year old going out again for the first time in 40 years.
I felt so out of place in that club and suggested to my friend that we should go and so we made our way out to get a cab to get to another venue. Jeez who would've thought that this friend could venue hope like a pro night club scout !!! Sure had the energy alright.
Who do we see as we walked towards a vacant cab ??? the girl and her friend and the boy she didn't FANCY ??? OMG what the hell ??? Why would you do that ??? It was so bazaar and begs me to ask the question? If it's all in the body language and the kiss what on earth would possess one to go with a boy you oblivious don't like.
Is it validation or me being completely being out of touch, there will never be a definitive answer for. It was just really sad to see a girl craving for attention that she seemingly lacks and to go with a boy she has no interest in what so ever. It poses the question of how many of us get into a relationship that we do not want for the sack of not being alone or to seek some form of validation.
We seem to think that we are all different but somehow we are all the same with very similar needs and desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment